A practice exercise
This exercise is best done with one person reading the instructions and another person following. It can also be effective for just a one person if they have an advanced level of focus. With two people, the person reading the guidance should pause after each statement and be intent on helping the person listening. Some of the instructions are purposely repetitive.
1. Bring your attention solely to these words. There is nothing left but this moment and these words. Take a deep breath and let it out.
3. Become aware of what's occupying your mind. What is in there? What is it? why is it in your mind?
4. If something is on your mind its usually because of the emotional content that is contained in the thought. Think about what the emotional content is. The thought is in your mind, bring your awareness to it. I want you to look at the underlying emotions. I want you to be singled minded about focusing on the underlying emotions of that thought.
5. Allow your focus to bore through, go into the thought. I want you to open your heart so that those emotions from within your body that are associated with that emotion come out.
6. Do you feel the emotion coming out? I want you to know it wasn't right. It wasn't right what was done to you.
7. Pause, and feel the emotion, bring your awareness directly to the emotion that is left. What is the emotion left? Is it pain, fear, anger? why is it left in your mind? The emotion is in your head. I want you to look into the emotions. I want you to be singled minded about focusing on what's behind that emotion. Allow your focus to bore through, go into it. I want you to open your heart so that everything from within your body that is associated with that emotion comes out.
8. Now focus on what the emotion is telling you what you need. Do you need to be loved? held? accepted? Think about the beauty of the emotion you need. Feel it. Feel the empathy and the love for the world and yourself. Thank you, your beautiful!